Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default new from sussex, previously surrey

well i drew a blank on my request for information on tench/crucian fishing near brighton so maybe i should just introduce myself. I am a coarse angler, primarily fish for pleasure though i used to do quite a bit ot match fishing. Now living near Brighton having moved from Dorking and am looking for some tench and/or crucian fishing in that area, having moved away from the Godalming waters where i used to catch them.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard Arty. I was watching that thread too as I have a pal who's moved to Brighton (Hove actually) who likes to catch tench. But if you have come from Godalming you'll have been a bit spoilt Treat it as an excuse to visit Marsh Farm again - it's not that far a drive.
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

hi Geoff and thanks for the welcome. Funny that you should mention marsh farm because i was a member of Godalming club for years and fished there a lot. i didnt keep my membership after moving dwon south. I noted that you wrote an article about it so i assume you have fished there a lot too and you say that you have caught several bags of 30 crucians there. I have to say that i have never caught anything like that many even fishing dawn to dusk and i don't know anyone else who has either apart from in the early days when the fish were stocked. So tell me what are you doing differently to catch that many crucians, was this recently or was this in the early days too?

Blog Entries

I have blanked there several times too Arty

The bites can be very hard to spot and the best fishing seems to be when the conditions make them even harder to spot.

These multiple fish days are not that rare though. The day after my trip in that article, a friend sent me a scorning email along the lines of 'is that all you caught?'. He had fished the next day and caught a mega-haul in about 4 hours. The friend is Alan Tomkins, he's one of the best anglers in the country and he guides too. If you want to get the best out of MF (or anywhere else) you could do worse than book him for a day. And no, I don't get a slice of the pie
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Welcome to FM. Don't know of fishing in the Brighton area I'm afraid.

Blog Entries

Welcome Arty...............not my area
    Fancy a pint?

Welcome to FM.Arty.Tight Lines

Welcome to FM!

I'm from the Sussex area although a bit further up then you. I'm sure there is some good tench fishing somewhere although locally to me there's nothing particually good for either crucians or tench. As far as I know anyway.

Good luck with your search!