a message from Lord Paul

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Given all the new members we're had of late there maybe some I've not said "hello" to so I'm using this to catch any newbie I've missed.

Also can I point out a couple of rules not mentioned in the T&C of FM

Firstly all newcomers must address me as "Lordship" until they have been here a while and then can use the more familiar turn 'M Lud but never Paul.

Secondly - please newbie's stop asking for membership of the PaSC - this is an exclusive club of select anglers and even long standing members of FM are not welcomed in to the ranks unless certain strict conditions are met.

Thirdly after a while you may find a new area of the site this is the "locked area" - all will be revealed once you are given access.

Lastly stop giving the Editors and moderators hassle - that is the job of me and Corky - we will email you when we want you to abuse them

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Brian

Should you become a regular poster and the posts of the PaSC standard your activities will be watched by a small slim chap from the PaSC who will crouch in the bushes making notes and doing what bears do in the woods.

As a note of caution you should under no circumstances approach this chap, you may tread in something you regret.

After monitoring you for a while, he will report back and then you will be contacted by Spiders with an invite to apply and the suitable fee.

This is only an invite to apply and application may be refused - fee is non refundable. I should point out that it is usual to have 3 or 4 application refused and a fee is due each time before being accepted in to the PaSC (another larger fee is due on becoming a member)

There after, weekly, monthly and annual fees are due, plus and additional expenses may be charged to you.

I don't profess to understand all the rules and fees as I am the President and Spiders is Treasurer and we leave all the financial aspects of PaSC to him.

Good luck with your application and you can expect an invoice for enquiring about membership sometime soon from Spiders

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
John

The PaSC - maybe a few VERY few Very new FM members are not aware of what the PaSC is.

The PaSC is a select, exclusive small band of highly respected anglers, who meet to fish, drink port and eat stilton (other food item eaten include finest pork pies, water biscuits, cheese pasties and Dundee cake but these are not considered essentials)

Members are
Lord Paul (Drunken old duffer)- President

Posh Paul (Poshers) - Chairman

Spiders (More Spiders) - Treasurer

Matt Corker (Mr Chumley-Corker) - Secretary

Lee Swords (Swordy) - new member

Steve King - Token Southern member

Reaction score
New FM members should be aware of M'luds earlier posting on the correct form of address to his Lordship.

In addition only bone fide members are allowed to refer to Mr.Lee Swords as "It's in the fridge" or "Fridgey" Swords.

Non PaSC members referring to Mr. Swords in that manner do so at their own risk.

Should you choose to do so please show the appropriate gratitude as Mr.Swords enables you to become a new fish-holding feature on the Tidal Trent.

jeffw0502

Reaction score
Given all the new members we're had of late there maybe some I've not said "hello" to so I'm using this to catch any newbie I've missed.

Also can I point out a couple of rules not mentioned in the T&C of FM

Firstly all newcomers must address me as "Lordship" until they have been here a while and then can use the more familiar turn 'M Lud but never Paul.

Secondly - please newbie's stop asking for membership of the PaSC - this is an exclusive club of select anglers and even long standing members of FM are not welcomed in to the ranks unless certain strict conditions are met.

Thirdly after a while you may find a new area of the site this is the "locked area" - all will be revealed once you are given access.

Lastly stop giving the Editors and moderators hassle - that is the job of me and Corky - we will email you when we want you to abuse them

OK
Cheers M8:wh