Onlinefishingtv problems??

mongoose56

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Greg Weeks & I reside in Northern California. I have fished my whole life but 15 years ago was introduced to coarse fishing by an English gentleman and have been "hooked" ever since.

You Brits, look at fishing like a science, and have come up with methods and techniques that most of us Yanks could never dream of.

I am a subscriber to OnlinfishingTV website, where I enjoy all the videos, but tried to log in a few days ago and am getting "warning" pop ups, saying the site has been hacked and now presents a threat to my computer through viruses etc.

Since I cant get on the site to contact the moderators about this issue, I am kind of stuck for information. Would any of you have knowledge of this problem or have heard of the site being targeted by hackers? Is there a phone # I could call from here in CA. to get up to date info, and correct the problem, if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Greg ( Lateral Line) Weeks

Attachments

• Greg slides 1 Lightroom (20 of 20) (3).jpg
    Greg slides 1 Lightroom (20 of 20) (3).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 73

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Message back states -

Gareth saying its safe but you have to use Internet Explorer.

He says openx adserver is the problem and now ads turned off.

It still isn't working for me, though.

mongoose56

Reaction score
tv info

Thanks for all the info, I'll check the site w/ Int Exp. to see if that helps.

A little more on me...

42, married, 2 boys (14 & 11) The 11 yr old likes to tag along w/ dad on fishing trips, even though he usually ends up sitting & playing his PSP ( video game) while dad fishes. I try not to force it (fishing) on him, thinking he will get involved when he is ready. The 14 yr is into playing drums & girls, I don't even bother to ask, although he did like to come along when he was younger.

Here in the States, we have a plethora of carp fishing, free to anyone, with some very large specimens. Mostly commons, but I have heard of mirrors and ghosts, cruscians being caught.

Our other "coarse" species would be squawfish, suckers and the humble catfish. Now that it's winter over here I have been doing allot of striped bass fishing, using all the pike tactics that I have read about in my collection of coarse fishing mags. Striped bass were introduced here on the west cost well over one hundred years ago, and thrive in the ecosystem. Many of them migrate to the sea and return in spring to spawn. I enjoy drifting a jumbo minnow under a Drennan Pike float for them. The takes are often savage.

I have a hell of a time getting good rods over here from the UK. The shipping is outrageous for anything longer than 3ft. Some friends have hand carried a few for me over the years, and there are some carp tackle dealers here in the states, that are starting to carry some rods, but usually heavy T.C carp rods. Not a big float/feeder rod selection, this side of the pond.

DSCN04462.jpg

DSCN04472.jpg

DSCN04482.jpg

DSCN04522.jpg

DSCN04592.jpg

Greg

Colin North the one and only

Reaction score
Welcome Greg. A really good response. You should stay here too. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that will also be able to offer tips and info on coarse fishing generally.