A quick hello

mickhayes

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm Mick, ive been fishing on and off for about 20 years, havent done much for the last 4 years due to work. Have now changed jobs so hoping to restart my angling affair! Im married and thankfully my wife fishes too!
I have fished mainly rivers and fen drains, caught a few nice fish, my favourite species and tench zander and perch.

This seems like a good site (EXCEPT for the barbel politics, what's all that about? what's so special about barbel that makes people act the way they do?) I was fortunate to catch a 13-06 barbel a couple of seasons ago from the Ouse, to be honest it didn't really float my boat like i thought it would. I caught an identical size Zander a few months later, that gave me much more of a buzz, but hey that's just me, if we all liked the same thing the world would be a dull place.

looking forward to chatting with some of you in the future!
good fishing,
mick.

Last edited:

mickhayes

Reaction score
Yes Fred i can see you would never get involved in such things.... Ray, you seem familiar!

mickhayes

Reaction score
thanks morespiders....unusual name if you dont mind me saying! is there a meaning behind it?