Back in the swim

tappers

Reaction score
Hi. I live in the Oldham area and after roughly 20 years away from fishing I am about to re discover the joys of this noble sport. Last time around I lived in Lincoln and fished twice a week, then moving to Oldham and becoming a taxi driver for my two lads sporting activities, the tackle gathered dust in the garage.
With retirement around the corner it's time to start up again and was thinking if anyone local to Oldham area can advise on venues, tips, club contacts etc. Any info will be welcome :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hi tappers, welcome to FM – Not familiar with the fishing in your area, I’d go with what Paul suggested – probably some locals will get back to you later.

PS If your tackle's that old your match rods would probably make good margin poles;)

tappers

Reaction score
Thanks guys. A workmate told me about a lake in the local park which fishes well.
Went last night to have a look - match was on and got a lot of info on the water, plus local area and club membership etc.
Only down side was looking at the guys in the match, my tackle is totally redundant now! Time to get the wallet out I think for some budget pole and rod purchases. Good tip barbelboi on the old rods for a margin pole :)

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Try Shaw Anglers, cheep as chips and no Tarty tackle required.:D
Look up Ogden res, day tickets available.
Stakehill near Middleton, Slattocks area, part of Middleton Anglers. I believe now doing day tickets, contact Gary Leigh.