Yet another returnee

markhib

Reaction score
Hi all, been nosing around your forums for weeks so thought I'd better join. I've just started fishing again after a 34 year break and I feel like a kid again. General course fishing around Enfield area but can't understand the obsession with carp.Things have changed a lot. Oh and my name is Mark.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Welcome back to fishing and the forum Mark. :w
I also don't understand the Carp obsession. :confused:
Good luck and tight lines. :)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Welcome back Mark.

You'll soon get used to the new ideas. Some carp fishing is fun and just take it as that, a change from other species, but I remain a river man and anything that swims pleases me.

Beware of this site, BTW, as it does contain nuts! ;)

markhib

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. No problem with the fish itself m'lud, just the people living in green tents who seem to use up half the lake and spend a weeks wages putting so much food in the lake that no fish bothers with my meagre offerings.
If I want advice on where to fish should I go to another forum, or ask here?

Mark

barbelboi

Reaction score
Shouldn't have a problem getting info from FM members in your area Mark - it might be best to start a new thread stating what you require and bearing in mind that many will be working at the present time.
Jerry

markhib

Reaction score
Thanks Jerry and Bob, I've actually joined a local club and been to Fishers
Green and Turnford, this is where I saw all the carpers. I'm looking for
somewhere not full of specimen hunters, if I hooked one there's a good chance I'd blemish myself. I'm thinking more along the lines of the Grand Union at Tring or a slow moving river without barbel just yet. I need to re-train myself.
Mark
ps How do you double space the lines?

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Welcome Mark - theres a lot of us returneess about..but after 34 years that could be a record!. I was distracted by other things for about 20 years ..and the carp thing is quite a shock at first.