hi

darkman1

Reaction score
Hiya I'm Darkman new to carp fishing in wheelchair so not many accessable palaces without a real struggle lol but never mind worth a go as sea fishing around the Portsmouth area is well lost as not many places access wise.:rolleyes:

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Darkman,
Welcome to FM - sorry can't help with the Portsmouth area - have you tried to get any help/contacts through the British Disabled Angling Association <http://www.bdaa.co.uk/> http://www.bdaa.co.uk/ - they have local groups that have arranged trips to access-enabled facilities and a 'buddies' scheme for fishing friends.
The levels of support vary from area-to-area and usually have a list of local venues that may be suitable.
All the best and Tight Lines
:thumbs:

darkman1

Reaction score
Hiya Pete yes I have been to Broad lands lakes twice now nice large peg accessible if dry as slopes from car park mud till you get concrete. No toilets or access to shop/cafe for wheelchairs as yet. nice lakes though. Many thanks for all your replies I'm no quitter so will try anywhere :)

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):)WELCOME DARKMAN, I hope you enjoy f/m.

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard

The sun is really shinning on you my friend.....
Operating out of Gun Warfe is a boat specifically designed and built just for disabled anglers.
It has a first rate skipper and he really gets his anglers amongst the fish.

Here is the link: wetwheels.co.uk

The pier at Eastney, opposite Hayling in the Lagstone channel, is assessable, might be a abit bumby on the approach, but the Bream and Macky fishing can be excellent, its up the narrow lane beside the boat yard 200m up from the ferry.

Also check-out Solent Fishing Forum for latest tips, catches and lots of past info about wet wheels.

Oh and if your ex-mil you can get access to fish the Dockyard, a twenty pound Bass was caught there last year, and it coughed up a 1.5lb Pout before it was weighed ((-:

Last edited: