Hello from sunny Daarset

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
Greetings from Dorset.

Been fishing twice in the last fortnight after not going for many many years. Blanked both times!
In a club fishery stillwater on a guest ticket, float fishing sweetcorn over pellets for anything. Not a tickle. Somethings never change! :eek:mg:

fishplate42

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I am new here and new to fishing. The guys here helped me a lot. I have only made it out once, but I was very lucky and caught a few fish which really got the enthusiasm going.

I am off out for a second go this Sunday, let's hope I catch a few this weekend. You can see what I have been up to HERE.

I hope you have better luck next time :)

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):) welcome to the forum sunny daarset, I do hope you will enjoy F/M :):).

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.
Lots of guys on here from Gods own county and yours alongside :D
You should have little trouble getting some firsthand info if you need it.

BTW when I first glanced your forum name I thought it was DORSETSTRANGLER :eek: :eek:mg:

:D

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
Oh I need first hand info alright! :)
Where do you suggest I go to ask for it? Is there a Dorset subforum for instance?

thanks

greenie62

Reaction score
Where do you suggest I go to ask for it? Is there a Dorset subforum for instance?
I'd suggest you get in contact with dorsetandchub - though you might need a translator! - But beware - he has a liking for Bream! :eek:
Welcome to the forum!
Tight Lines!

mick b

Reaction score

thanks

Not a subforum, more a sub culture :D

After a few pints of Badger the Bream become huge Roach or Chub depending on what these Daarset anglers are after :eek:mg:

Why not have a day on the Throop, if your gonna blank you might as well do it on one of the finest rivers in the country :D

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I'm away to the Greek islands tomorrow but, in a fortnight's time, I'd be glad to help all I can. My fishing mate, Tim, aebitim is a Dorset body too. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you.

All the best, mate - see you in a fortnight.

Phil. :)

simon dunbar

Reaction score
I am from Dorset too , there is a freebie book on Coarse Fishing in Dorset and Hampshire that is in local tackle shops that includes a lot of the day ticket waters in the area that may help you .
I can give you info on some easy to catch venues in the area also. We also have two great rivers in the area and some good angling clubs.

aebitim

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome aboard, happy to help if I can, I will be concentrating on the upper Stour this winter if I can find the time to get out.

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
For some reason I missed all these replies on page 2. Sorry Gents.

Thanks for all the offers of information and help.

Throop definitely on my radar, one of my favourite places even if I'm not fishing. Fished it years ago when I was a member of RDAA and CAC. I never fished beat 1 though. Have an idea to give that stretch a go at some point.

Simon- I have picked up the day ticket book to which you refer.

Once again, thanks all.