Greetings From Lincolnshire.

draindweller

Reaction score
Hello FM,

I think many years back I had an account on here, but cant for the life of me remember my user name hehe.

Anyway, been fishing on and off since I was around 10 years old, and am now approaching the life ending age of 30 haha. I fished as junior quite heavily on my local drain ( the south holland main/little drain) winning a couple of junior titles and competing in a few nationals, doing pretty well for such a small club.

As the years have gone by, the drains really arent what they used to be, with higher salt water levels, clubs becoming less active and the drainage board being generally useless. With also recently moving to just outside Boston I have been fishing Westwood lakes alot, getting back into the sport after 5 years out ( getting married and all that jazz :) ).
Have been really enjoying myself, fishing with my family as well, and after getting back in the groove, will hopefully fish a few matches next year.

I'd love to see how the boston drains do, and have very little knowledge and am in the process of finally learning to drive. However if anyone lives around the area and fancies a chat, just throw me a message on here.

Anyway, I look forward to joining in on the discussions, and more than likely picking some of your brains.

Tight Lines.

Last edited:

draindweller

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome :)

Had a few pike in my time on the drains....never by choice though haha.

Always seems to be a good population of them, whichever drain you visit though.

B

binka

Welcome to FM draindweller :)

I spent a lot of time in the early to mid-nineties on the Hobhole and Bell Water drains just north of Boston and they were the right places to be at the right time, hope you manage to "drop on" nowadays on your waters as we did then.

draindweller

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes.

@Binka - Yea I hope so too, I fished a few of them at junior level in some nationals, especially enjoyed the sibsey trader.

You just dont take notice, of how you get to places etc as a youngster. I think Boston still have a club going, but Im not a facebook kind of person and it seems alot of communication goes that way.

Might have to bite the bullet though.