Just joined

reltublien

Reaction score
Hello to you all. Just started coarse fishing after 50 years and did not want to spend much, so I invested in a complete set up at £18 from Sports HQ. When the telescopic rod arrived the top cap used to retain the rod was broken. Contacted them for a replacement cap and they sent a complete kit, so ended up with 2 kits. I went fishing on a lake where we store our caravan and the heavens opened (no umbrella). Went out again in the afternoon and caught a small carp (chuffed). Tried again a couple of days later and caught a 10lb Bream surface fishing (over the moon). Following week a 8lb mirror. Not bad for £18. So now I am hooked (lol). Invested in a £10 baitrunner and just bought a TFG Banshee 13ft with reel for £57. I can't believe how light it is and can't wait to try it this weekend. I have now bought everything I need including an umbrella and am ready to go. Look forward to learning from other members on this site

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad-house.
Just started out fishing - and you're already falling for the "need a new rod" routine! :D:eek:mg:
Tight Lines :thumbs:

reltublien

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad-house.
Just started out fishing - and you're already falling for the "need a new rod" routine! :D:eek:mg:
Tight Lines :thumbs:
Plus Bivvy umbrella, Seatbox, Trolley, Rod Quiver, Scales and net, Wet gear and lots of small bits and pieces that are absolutely essential. At least that is what I told the wife

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
As others have said, a 10lb bream is a very good fish by any standard, but to catch it off the surface is very unusual - great stuff !

We all learn from each other on FM so are you give a bit more detail on how you caught the bream.....Was it actually taken off the surface / still or moving water / bait etc etc..in fact any info would be good !!

As for your tackle; Well, it just goes to prove that old adage that you don't have to spend a fortune to catch fish. Just don't expect a 10lb fish EVERYTIME you go out !!

Oh, and a warm welcome to you !!

Reaction score
Hi there names Grayham, my biggest carp is 20lb i still havent caught a barbel though looking to do that!! :wh

reltublien

Reaction score
I was surface fishing on a small lake using Bakers Meaty chunks. I am a believer in unusual bait, so I plan to try Marzipan, Bakers with marmite etc in fact anything that is cheap and smelly