Here we go again

philip1958

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum, the last one imploded, membership disappeared after an upgrade to a new format (Why do they do that?). So, I live near London, dabble in coarse fishing. Have all the gear and mostly have no idea why I don't catch! Love getting out by the bank, all year, though as I'm getting on not so much in the cold and wind. Looking forward to reading all your tips and tricks (Boy do I need them) and I'll start off asking - what is the grove in an inline lead for?
Philip

thecrow

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Philip, the groove in the lead may be part of a "drop the lead" system that is designed to eject the lead from the rig on a take but I could be completely wrong but if I am there will be someone on here that knows

Keith M

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Philip.

Either what theCrow said or It might be a quick change lead where the lead can slide off of the centre tube and a different weight slotted on; or just left off when the rod is folded and put into a rod sleeve ready made up?

I don't know but I look forward to the answer :confused:

Keith

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
It lets you to wrap your leader around the lead without it getting fecked......

I have some older 2.5oz leads in my shed which have a groove around the lead and I also have a plastic container containing lots of PVA capsules and some small rubber rings.

You filled the capsules with liquid flavouring and attached a couple of the PVA capsules to the side of the lead using one of the small rubber rings, and then as the capsules dissolved the liquid flavour attractant got released into the water.

I'm not sure if they caught on as I haven't seen them for many years; but does anyone else remember these? and do they still sell them?

Keith

Last edited: