Hi To All

thameside

Reaction score
Hello to all . After drifting away from coarse fishing ,I have decided the time has come to start back on the coarse fishing . Have concentrated on sea fishing for years . But I fancy a return to small river fishing , mainly trotting for relaxation .So shall dig out my 30+ year old tackle to go back to the old days . Hoping to pick up some tips and new places to go .
Steve

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Steve, welcome back to coarse fishing.

You say that you fancy a return to small river fishing but don't forget the rivers still have a closed season so you will still have to wait till 16th June like the rest of us before you wet your line in one of them if you are coarse fishing, however you still have the stillwaters you can fish in the meantime Lol.

Tight lines
Keith

thameside

Reaction score
Hi Steve, welcome back to coarse fishing.

You say that you fancy a return to small river fishing but don't forget the rivers still have a closed season so you will still have to wait till 16th June like the rest of us before you wet your line in one of them if you are coarse fishing, however you still have the stillwaters you can fish in the meantime Lol.

Tight lines
Keith

Thanks for the welcome .
Its funny that the last time I went freshwater fishing , they had just started doing away with the close season on some waters .
I won't be fishing until mid summer due to a hand injury .

teve

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. Nothing wrong with 30 yr old gear if thats all you have. Today I gave my original carbon rod an airing. A 13ft Normark which I think is getting on for 40 yrs old. Its nice and mellow for fine lines and small hooks.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Hello to all . After drifting away from coarse fishing ,I have decided the time has come to start back on the coarse fishing . Have concentrated on sea fishing for years . But I fancy a return to small river fishing , mainly trotting for relaxation .So shall dig out my 30+ year old tackle to go back to the old days . Hoping to pick up some tips and new places to go .
Steve

Yeaaa.......he's done it, nice one Steve :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum mate,

Hope yer now feeling a little better and yer hand is now on the mend,

Good to see yer on here mate

Speak soon and also on WSF :D

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Welcome to FM. Nothing wrong with 30 yr old gear if thats all you have. Today I gave my original carbon rod an airing. A 13ft Normark which I think is getting on for 40 yrs old. Its nice and mellow for fine lines and small hooks.

Fantastic rods and very much one of the best :thumbs: