Fishing Locations

thoroughbredfisher

Reaction score
Hi there!

My names Luke, I have been a casual reader of the forum for about 2 weeks now so I thought I'd dip my toes in the water and sign up.

However, I am looking for some advice on where to go fishing.

I would like to spend the day fishing with my girlfriend, somewhere preferably with a nice tranquil location where we can go for a country pub lunch afterwards.

What I'm looking to do is just go for a bit of fun, if we catch we catch, if we don't then we don't - we're all about trying new things!

I'm not someone who has fishing equipment! however, I know in other sports that doesn't stop you from participating, so ideally we need somewhere that we can rent the bare essentials for the day.

Any advice or help then we would be greatly appreciative of that.

:)

thoroughbredfisher

Reaction score
I live in London, anywhere 30-40 miles outside London would be great! Or even further if it's worth the journey.

Thanks

chrissh

Reaction score
Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I expect there are others like me scratching their head how to respond to this post.

I am not aware of anywhere where you can hire fishing gear to try it out.
Tackle is a very personal thing. There may be commercials that hire stuff but I have never been aware of it.

Charter sea fishing boats are the ones that come to mind.

Trout fishing reservoirs may be a possibility for fly fishing lessons.( they will be google able)

Try looking up The Angling Trust . They do fishing teach ins and supply tackle donated.

I must say your request is a first for me.:)

greenie62

Reaction score
As John says, this is a tricky one!
You might be better off starting with a Guided session - where the Coach provides the kit, bait, location, etc. - maybe even licences!

A quick search on t'Internet provided the following: Fishing London, Fishing Guides & Coaches. Fisheries Management Service

There are a number of Guides around the SE/Greater London - the best may be found by word-of-mouth - or you may be lucky enough to pick-up an offer off this site!

Good Luck & Tight Lines,
PS: Welcome to the forum.

slaphead

Reaction score
Bury Hill Fisheries hire a float fishing set for £10.00.

They say they are 20 miles from London Central, I hope this is of help.

john step

Reaction score
Bury Hill Fisheries hire a float fishing set for £10.00.

They say they are 20 miles from London Central, I hope this is of help.

That sounds good. I doubt there is a better deal than that.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Nowhere near London, but a nice area to visit for a weekend, would be Ian Heaps fishery at Holgan Lakes (?) in Narbeth, Pembokeshire, West Wales. I remember Ian had all the kit available for hire when i went about 15 years ago, good kit too, and i am sure its the same today. Notice it does accomodation too. Three nice lakes with lillies, features and lots of fish!. May get busy on match days though. Ian Heaps Fisheries - Resort | Pembrokeshire | Fishing Pembrokeshire and Accommodation.