The New Guy

JackGE

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here to fishingmagic!

I've just started fishing (about a month or so ago), I did fish very occasionally when I was younger so have some base knowledge. I've been really enjoying it, and have found myself hooked! I've got a Shimano Forcemaster 11ft float and it does the job. Been going for carp, breem and also been doing some spinning for perch and had some great catches!

I'm looking to try out some new places around Nottinghamshire so would be great if anyone could recommend places. Pike is the next fish on my list!

Jack

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to the angle! Look up Nottingham Anglers and it will throw up the details of the club tickets available.
Anecdotally I know there is plenty of fishing in your area.

JackGE

Reaction score
Thanks John! Yeah, I've had a look at them and I'm thinking about buying the year long membership. They seem to have quite a few areas which I am interested in.

chrissh

Reaction score
Hi jack welcome to FM. I joined Nott’s AA this year loads of places to fish think it was £50 for the year and £5. For a gate key

JackGE

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! And cheers, Chris. I am going to have a look at it once I have less on my plate, in the process of changing jobs and moving house!

simon-jack

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here to fishingmagic!

I've just started fishing (about a month or so ago), I did fish very occasionally when I was younger so have some base knowledge. I've been really enjoying it, and have found myself hooked! I've got a Shimano Forcemaster 11ft float and it does the job. Been going for carp, breem and also been doing some spinning for perch and had some great catches!

I'm looking to try out some new places around Nottinghamshire so would be great if anyone could recommend places. Pike is the next fish on my list!

Jack

Im thinking of purchasing this rod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JackGE

Reaction score
Im thinking of purchasing this rod

It really is a great rod, it handles larger fish as well as smaller fish well. I had a 10-12lb carp yesterday and at no point did I lose confidence in the rod! It is sensitive but has some real backbone to it, too!