hello warrington!!

jakfish

Reaction score
hello to all on the fishingmagic site:) hoping to start fishing again after a 30 year gap!

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Jakfish,
Welcome to the FM Mad-house!
There are a few on here who have had WAA tickets and can probably give you more up-to-date info on their local waters - and whether they are worth the intro fee as well as the annual fee.

Depends which side of Warrington you live - but it may be worth your while having a look at Salford Friendly AS About Us who have waters towards Manchester at Irlam - and have a lively Facebook page which discusses access to some of the Mersey-related waters - e.g. the fish-stuffed MSC - which is owned by Peel Holdings who currently ban all fishing on the banks due to the H&S implications of the 'wash' from ships passing along the Ship Canal.

The other place to have a look at is Sankey Valley Park - the Sankey Canal did have some very good silvers and pike fishing - the fishing rights are run by the local council and several local clubs - you might need to ask around for specific lengths.

Tight Lines:thumbs:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Greenie62, I would forget Sankey valley park, it is choked with weed,
The controlling club is Dallam Anglers,who also have Stanners pool in Dallam,this is a small water more suited to juniors,
WAA have a few waters in Warrington,also the bridgewater canal from preston brook upto Manchester and numerous stretches of rivers both large and small,
also Sandiway Lakes which is a very good carp and tench water, this is club owned, cost around £250000 about 20 years ago,
It is a club worth joining,
I may join Salford now that they have got the old river behind the boathouse pub.
Jakfish were in warrington are you ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Jakfish, you are very welcome to come out fishing with me,
If you are short of tackle I will be able to kit you out,
It would have to be a commercial unless you have joined a local club
such as WAA, Lymm or Wilderspool Anglers,
The commercials I fish are mainly around the wigan area,
I got fed up with partridge and brookside,