medway fisherman

numbnuts

Reaction score
Hello

I spend most of my fishing time on the Medway fishing for barbel, chub or perch.
There is something about rivers that as I have got older has reignited my love of fishing.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I’m fairly new to river fishing and spend most of my time chubbing on the free stretch of the canterbury Stour. I’ve yet to see a barbel let alone catch one! I would be interested to know if there’s any free stretches of the Medway where barbel can be caught.

fishplate42

Reaction score
Hello

I spend most of my fishing time on the Medway fishing for barbel, chub or perch.
There is something about rivers that as I have got older has reignited my love of fishing.

That is interesting. I too enjoy river fishing and have fished the Great Stour through Canterbury. I see you live not far from me; I am in Catford. I have been fishing the Pool River this year; I am not sure if it is allowed but working on the fact there are no 'No Fishing' notices, I do. It is the only place around here I can go and fish for a couple of hours. Only small fish, but good fun on a 3m flick-tip whip.

What part of the Medway do you fish?

Ralph.

numbnuts

Reaction score
That is interesting. I too enjoy river fishing and have fished the Great Stour through Canterbury. I see you live not far from me; I am in Catford. I have been fishing the Pool River this year; I am not sure if it is allowed but working on the fact there are no 'No Fishing' notices, I do. It is the only place around here I can go and fish for a couple of hours. Only small fish, but good fun on a 3m flick-tip whip.

What part of the Medway do you fish?

Ralph.

I spend most of my time either at ashurst or penshurst both club waters

numbnuts

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I’m fairly new to river fishing and spend most of my time chubbing on the free stretch of the canterbury Stour. I’ve yet to see a barbel let alone catch one! I would be interested to know if there’s any free stretches of the Medway where barbel can be caught.[/QUOTE0]

All the barbel stretches I know are club owned.