Dropping in..

Molehill

Reaction score
A quick hello from mid Wales, just logged on and hope to contribute over time and benefit from others experience. I'm retired and a lifelong angler, coarse and game - but more coarse now as there are not enough sewin and salmon left to be worth chasing! A bit of wild brown trouting still in the spring when the sun comes out.
I fish for most coarse species, don't chase specimens but appreciate all in their place and enjoy a slightly traditional (maybe "old fashioned") approach to much of my angling in both still and running waters.

greenie62

Reaction score
Croeso i'r FM Forum.
I sympathise with the difficulties fishing for the sewin and salmon, it has got so restrictive now and with such poor runs I can't see much point in buying a migratory fish licence any more! I'll just stick to the brownies and grayling I think!:mad:

Molehill

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I hope to contribute a little on a regular basis - probably more questions than answers!

I'm pretty easy going on forums and enjoy the interaction, not offended by any "robust discussions" but if a thread ever degenerates into personal abuse or mud slinging - I'm out.

mikench

Reaction score
In my view it is the absence of such behaviour and the morons who indulge in it which makes this forum stand out!:)

What is a sewin? I guess a sea trout!;)

Molehill

Reaction score
Yes, sewin is the Welsh term for seatrout, a fish that has different names around the country - I doubt any other species has as many local names as the seatrout, a salmon is a salmon wherever you go, but a seatrout is a peal, finnock, herling, whitlng, salmon trout and probably more.

My auto correct is playing havoc with these words, they may come out as anything.