Hi from Artie

Artie

Reaction score
Good morning from a very frosty North Wales, I'am Brummi living on the edge of the National Park, about an hour away from the upper reaches of the Severn & Vywrny from Welshpool to Buildwas ideal for Barbel which I have fished for On & Off since 1964. Just Joined the Forum and looking forward to discussing the Severn, Barbel fishing, tackle & methods, with like minded souls.

rubio

Reaction score
Hi mate. Nothing to offer about Severn et al as I'm on the opposite side of the country. Will look forward to hearing some reports all the same.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome. Never fished the Severn but I understand its a good venue. The "how did you get on" long running thread awaits your posts.:)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
greetings Artie, you will find this site totally different than the one we are also on, by that I mean a lot better and friendlier and no sniping comments and best of all no Jaydib:D

ian g

Reaction score
Hello Artie, sounds like we might bump into each other on the bank sometime . Are you a PA member? I fish the Severn most weeks mainly around Shrewsbury down to Sheinton though I chase perch rather than barbel.

Artie

Reaction score
Hi there,yes I am a PA member, those are the waters I fish, I think we may have met about this time last year at Montford the lymm water, you were trotting for Perch using a Centre Pin.

ian g

Reaction score
Could be Artie I'm in both clubs though I haven't fished that stretch for a while ,not sure why really as it holds so great chub.

Artie

Reaction score
Last time i looked his place of origin was still in the midlands ;)

And still is, not too far from your neck of the woods, Used to vist Jacksons. As for a certain Football Team I supported them from 1957 (season ticket holder over the years) until Doug & John Gregory got really silly!

thecrow

Reaction score
And still is, not too far from your neck of the woods, Used to vist Jacksons. As for a certain Football Team I supported them from 1957 (season ticket holder over the years) until Doug & John Gregory got really silly!

Jacksons is quite a big place now a lot bigger from when they were in Rectory Drive years ago, been some upheaval at AV for years behind the scenes I reckon Ron Saunders was the last proper manager we had :confused: