Greetings from South Africa

Arries87

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been stalking this forum for a while now, but only joined relatively recently. I enjoy all facets of fishing, but I do focus mostly on Artlure and Feeder Fishing.

Bucket list activity for me, would be to get an chance to fish for the European species, particularly chubb, don't know why, I just want to!

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome indeed! You come from one of the most beautiful countries on the Planet! What are your local freshwater species? Too much to see and do on my visits without fishing!;)

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. Please keep us posted on your trips in the post HOW DID YOU GET ON. Its good to get other perspectives.

Arries87

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Arries, what is artlure fishing

Basically fishing with hard baits, plastics etc, but it also focuses on the micro species; i.e. 1 inch mosquito fish on tiny hooks and a flake of plastic cut from "donor" soft plastics. In comps the emphasis is on number of different species followed by size. Highly enjoyable especially when stalking carp with a 7" light rod in 15cm water depth or "popping" for catfish. Most days not a quantity type of fishing style but more the challenge of getting it right

Welcome indeed! You come from one of the most beautiful countries on the Planet! What are your local freshwater species? Too much to see and do on my visits without fishing!;)

Probably the fish we catch 50% of the time is carp, they are the most common in the smaller farm ponds as well as all of our big lakes. Then we get our Mudfish,varying tillapia, as well as a wide variety of yellows and my personal favorite, sharptooth catfish (they easily get to 35lb, and will take a double maggot whilst targeting Muddies). Will certainly post some with photos

Another Dave

Reaction score
Always interested in seeing freshwater fish that i've never seen before.