Back to it after 20-odd years!

Wallasaurus

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I did a good bit of fishing mainly in canals and occasionally reservoirs as a teen, and as I'm approaching 40 the hobby appeals again so I've started getting some kit together.
I'm most comfortable float fishing or super simple leger setups but interested in various fancier techniques now I have some more disposable income that I did as a lad. Joined the local club here in sussex but only been to one water so far, had a few bream and skimmers and a sub ten mirror carp, but that could have been my PB!

Realised there are loads of species I've never caught so lots to do. :)

cw

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM and back to angling. Dont forget to continue posting. Its refreshing to get many returners to angling here on FM.
It is just possible that the returners will keep UK angling alive and its not all doom and gloom about the oldies being the only ones on the bank.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, and Welcome to FishingMagic

You must have already noticed many changes in the last 20 years, but on here you'll find many who will be hapy to answer any questions.

lambert1

Reaction score
Did a similar thing myself, but a little later than 40! They are a very friendly helpful bunch on here and have helped me on many occasions. Don't be afraid to ask. Good luck and tight lines.

Wallasaurus

Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings!
I'm hoping to get out next weekend - probably try to just fish with a feeder which is not my usual go-to, and see how it works out! Lots of complicated kit these days, not to mention voodoo such as the 'method feeder', but i'll get to that eventually. I'll stick to the quivertip (and finger-tip) for now until I get a few more beasts on the bank.
Cheers,
cw