Newbie from Surrey

Bobnewboy

Reaction score
Hi All, newbie warning from me :)

I’m Bob from Surrey. I’m a complete newbie, mainly interested in coarse angling, but never say never for game or sea angling too. I’ve been fishing since last August, mainly on paid lakes but a little river fishing where it has been free. So far I only float fish, as it seems a bit more er, interactive, than waiting for a bite alarm to go off. I can see that ledgering and multiple rods are probably productive if fishing for carp, but I’m glad to catch anything at the moment. Biggest fish so far is a common carp just short of 15lb out of the Leg of Mutton lake at Bushy Park. Most unusual are many small ruffe, but they are only a few ounces each.

I’m looking forward to picking up some tips from you lot.

Cheers, Bob

john step

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Float fishing is great. Many addicts on here.

ben10

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I've only recently started posting often and have found everyone here very helpful. I'm sure you'll find some great advice on here. If you fancy trying something new that's still interactive then try feeder fishing. It'll be another string to your bow and between that and float fishing you'll have 95% of situations covered you'll be likely to encounter! There's loads of helpful videos on YouTube and anything you don't understand can be asked here!

Tight lines!