Hi Everyone!

Saxa

Reaction score
Hi all, it's great to join a fishing forum as the last time I went fishing they were unheard of.:rolleyes: So as you will gather by now it has been a while since I last fished, so it's something I'm looking forward to again in the near future. Recently I started to dig my old tackle out of the shed, and I'm so glad that I didnt sell it!

I have just purchased a new seat box on which I'm very pleased with. I've elasticated my poles as the old elastic as been in there for twenty years.:D Most of my stuff reels etc, are still in very good condition which im pleased about. A question that I would like to ask is....I've got a lot of hook lengths which at the time were never used, so I'm I right in thinking that they are pretty useless after twenty years. :eek:mg: Also can any of you guys recommend some nice lake's & pools around Staffordshire where I can fish without it being to busy.

Thanks Phil. :)

chrissh

Reaction score
Hi Phil welcome to the forum.... as you say a lot of your kit is old but there’s nothing work with that. As to the hooks a lot of fisheries now have a rule of barbless hooks only

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Phil,

I personally would throw your 20 year old hooklengths in the bin, as there’s no point in taking chances.

Welcome to FM.

Keith

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I can't get over the amount of returnees this last year or so. great for angling. Let us know how you get on.
Personally I would get new hooks. They have improved anyway over 20 years. Have a look at Drennan and Kamasan. Pretty reliable.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That was a film I think starring Zero Mostell!! I digress! Have a look at Bay Malton angling club of which I am a member! They have plenty of waters around Alsager, Crewe, Knypersley ( Biddulph) and others a little further afield but easily accessible from SOT! A very friendly club!

Saxa

Reaction score
Thanks mikench, just dipping my toe in at the moment as I'm hoping to take early retirement in a few years. That's the reason I've just started to sort some of my tackle out and join this forum for some much needed advice. While you guys are here as anyone tried a place just outside Caverswall called Dilorne pools looks a nice tranquil spot for fishing. :)