Hi from the Sussex Dinosaur

Dinosaur

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Paul I am 60 years old and live in East Sussex.

I hung my kit up some 20 years ago and have decided that I would like to restart what was a great hobby for me.

Currently replacing some of my kit which has shown it's age before embarking on what will be a refresher course/learning curve with a friend.

He's promised to show me the new way of doing things and I've promised him I will show him how we did it in my day should be fun:).

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to FM Paul. Some good waters in your neck of the woods, where do you intend fishing?

Dinosaur

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Paul. Some good waters in your neck of the woods, where do you intend fishing?

We are going to somewhere called 'Amazon Wood' he says even dinosaurs like you cant fail to catch.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are going to somewhere called 'Amazon Wood' he says even dinosaurs like you cant fail to catch.

If you are in reach of Crowborough there is a beautiful venue called Stream Valley which is currently home to the joint record perch, not the easiest of waters but it's beautifully looked after by a young couple that really care about the surroundings and the fish.

It's a day ticket water, best ring in advance.

Dinosaur

Reaction score
Well finally did it. Went to Amazon wood my dinosaur tactics didn't do so well so tried out the newer methods and ok my friend caught some 10+ up to probably around 15lb and I caught 2, 1 x common and 1 x mirror both around 6lb (sorry no piccies forgot my camera) but who cares who caught what, I had a great time a day out in the fresh air and most importantly a chance to rekindle that spark that I used to have for this great sport/hobby. We are already starting to plan our next trip will keep you posted on how my return goes.

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Always good to have some new blood on FM so a hearty welcome to you, and I hope we hear from you on a regular basis!

Lovely part of the country Sussex, with much to offer the casual fisherman..

Looks like you're getting something from the sport already!!

Molehill

Reaction score
Welcome back to fishing and hope it works out for you, a great past time for us old dinosaurs.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back to fishing and of course FM. The dinosaur herd( is that the collective noun) is growing all the time.

hondated

Reaction score
If you are in reach of Crowborough there is a beautiful venue called Stream Valley which is currently home to the joint record perch, not the easiest of waters but it's beautifully looked after by a young couple that really care about the surroundings and the fish.

It's a day ticket water, best ring in advance.

Hi I will do a better introduction later or tomorrow but just quickly like Paul at 67 I have only started fishing a few months ago and live in Eastbourne so I too will check out the waters you mention.
Just joined and straight away I find this thread ! Thats got to be a good omen hasn't it.