new to fishing magic

morayflyfisher

Trade Member
Reaction score
Hi all,im not a coarse fisher myself although I do fly fish for them.

I have a trout and coarse fishery in the far north of Scotland called the Glen of Rothes trout and coarse fishery.

The coarse loch is pristine as are the fish and they are very healthy.We have Ide,Roach,Rudd,Golden orfe,Bream,F1 Carp,Commons,mirrors,gudgeon,Chub, and of course hybrids.

What I have found over the years is that the Carp do not feed well due to the low temperatures both air and water and need very hot weather which we are not blessed with for most of the year being so far north.They are still there and can be caught but expectations for them require a lot of patience and understanding of them because of this.The silvers do feed very well and good catches on live maggots and poles and method feeders.

Because of the difference in conditions the fish had to breed on other fish which acclimitised to our conditions which over 18 years they have and done well.It isn't akinto other coarse fisheries with stock going in all the time,you need to think and get to know the water.

They are fun on the fly and a lot more finicky than trout but good sport.

Anyhow ,not being a coarse angler I hope to gleen information from you experienced people which will help me improve where need be.

soft plastic

Reaction score
I fished your trout pond many years ago. I called in during one of my many trips to the Deveron. I used to take a beat on there every year.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk