I'm ReHooked...

ReHooked

Reaction score
Hello All,

So, I used to go fishing from the age of 10 (when I got my first bright red cheap as chips 'starter set') until the age of 15 (by which time I had a full Carp setup). I'm now 40 and the lure of fishing (see what I did there?) has struck once more. However...

I realise I'm way out of touch, both in terms of current fishing methods and can't remember basic things such as setting up rigs or loading a spool, etc. Hoping to pick up and re-learn some basic and then more advanced stuff from here.

I live in Northampton, so plenty of good spots, and I've had my eye on a swim on the Upton river I'd like to try. Just trying to work out if it's fishable and this weekend I'll be sorting out my rod license, etc.

Thanks for having me and TL everyone!

Best,

RH

wetthrough

Reaction score
Good to see you're getting back in to fishing and welcome to Fishing Magic RH.

Jelster

Reaction score
I've just got back into everything after a break of around 5 years.

If you're still into your Carp fishing, then you'll be amazed at the quantity (and quality) of commercial day ticket waters to feed your habit.

Also, there's a decent Facebook page called "Carping for Beginners" that will ease you back in nicely..

ReHooked

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. What a nice welcome!

've just got back into everything after a break of around 5 years.

If you're still into your Carp fishing, then you'll be amazed at the quantity (and quality) of commercial day ticket waters to feed your habit.

Also, there's a decent Facebook page called "Carping for Beginners" that will ease you back in nicely..

I've noticed that there's some cracking day ticket waters - I don't know if they weren't around when I was young, or my lack of car back then prevented me from finding them!

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi RH,
Welcome back to the fold, there are lots of good anglers on this forum who would be willing to help you, if and when needed.

tight lines.

Keith

lambert1

Reaction score
As a returnee myself I can recommend this site. As you have already seen they are a very friendly bunch and if you stick around you will find them helpful too. Don't be afraid to ask. Tight lines.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back to the fold. You will soon get back into the swing of things. It is very refreshing the amount of returnees registering on this forum.
In fact there seems to be more returnees than starters.
Please post on the thread HOW DID YOU GET ON as to your exploits/progress even the disasters and blanks. Its new members and their posts that keep the forum fresh.