Greetings from English bod in Lithuania

Geedub

Reaction score
Hi Peeps thought I would joint the forum as I have just got back into fishing this year since we have moved to Lithuania. I used to fish a lot when I was a kid and also got into Carp fishing in my late teens early twenties . We where using hair rigs then, and now i'm 51 it seems that was well before it's time. These days i'm sort of getting back to basics float rod, for large-ish Roach,Rudd skimmers Perch,Tench ,Carp. with a bit of Pike fishing and larger Perch. I have even had a go at ice fishing through a hole in the ice for fresh water Smelt. There are Carp to a meter long here as well so when I find my feet I will be giving them a crack. We live next to a huge lake,, and when I say huge I mean HUGE 22 km long 150 m wide and in places 50m deep ! yep 50 meters Its like a small course fishing sea. It's really fishing heaven here and pretty much undiscovered. My in laws are surrounded by over three hundred Lakes. You just pick your species and fill ya boots. So looking forward to picking your brains and getting involved regards Graham.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome, I hope you’ll find time to contribute to the HDYGO thread, especially any trips to this huge lake!

chrissh

Reaction score
Hi Graham welcome to the forum and back to fishing ... when are you starting B&B and fishing holidays :wh

daniel121

Reaction score
Your welcome to pick my brains whenever you wish, you might trigger me to remember some stuff :D:eek:mg:

I'm getting on now lol

Geedub

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses and welcome messages. I will put some info and pics up as time allows but bare with me as we are in the middle of a house restoration so we are super busy. B & B was one thing we where actually thinking about possibly in the future with some fishing as part of the deal, but as I say pretty new out here as far as getting to know the lakes etc so maybe in a year or two. But yes it truly is an amazing and beautiful part of the world and most of the time its very quiet as in no people. If you like lakes and fishing it is truly well worth a look. Flights a couple of hours and normally cheap on the budget airlines. So back to the fishing I was lucky to get into some decent roach the other day and was almost hooking one a chuck all about 1/2 LB to 1lb on double sweetcorn, really good sport. Also I had a 4lb Perch last year whilst live baiting for Pike. Just need more free time. Most fish have never seen a hook, you can imagine how I'm like a big kid again.

daniel121

Reaction score
The child looking at the water wondering what lies beneath never dies, he just hides within.

The waters you describe would trigger that inner child, enjoy mate :thumbs: