Hello fish fanciers :)

Barnoe

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

48 year old bloke from Milnrow NE of Manchester.
Gamer, Sports fan, Biker and now apparently a fisherman :D

Im not just new to this forum im pretty new to fishing.

When i was younger i never did fishing because i thought it was cruel lol
ironically i kept several in a 6 foot marine coral tank though :rolleyes:

Anyway, me and the wife have always been campers, and one of my sons decided he wanted to learn fishing.... and stupidly asked me to show him.
So being the good dad, i bought us both some cheap gear and went along with him.

I only went to help him and stand by as he learned, but i was hooked!! (pun intended) i think i actually enjoyed it more than him :)
This was about a year ago, since then ive been looking for only campsites that have fishing either onsite or close by.....as you do.

As you can imagine i have a lot to learn, and seeing as none of my friends are fishermen, i decided to join a forum for my endless questions/education :)

My initial thought of 1 rod, 1 float and a hook, is all you need..... soon went out of the window when i visited the local angling store, and was confronted by gazillions of things that made no sense!

Of course there is the obligatory WTF is that reaction, each time i see another guy fishing, with all his gadgets and gear.... which im strangely starting to get envious of :rolleyes:
When i first saw someone roll up with a trolly, i laughed and though HA that's a bit over the top. But now i fnd myself struggling to carry my gear im starting to see how this soon gets out of hand lol

Ive already started lying to the wife saying Oh i already had that.... however the shed is getting stuffed and i think shes starting to get suspicious :wh

Anyway... thats already enough chat from me, just glad to be here :)

Speak soon

flightliner

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Barnoe, lots of guys here can help with your day to day fishing questions.
dive in and ask away!

O

O.C.F.Disorder

Hahaha you most certainly are hooked! Almost the exact same situation with me, still havent decided if im glad that im obsessed with fishing now.. I sometimes wonder if it will ever wear off :pound: Welcome to the forum, buddy!

wetthrough

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Barnoe. Get stuck in and enjoy the ride. Even if it is a little bumpy at times:)

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to the sport; both can be very rewarding!

Is The Ladybarn pub still going in Milnrow?