Paul Baker

Paul Baker

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this group and pleased to have been accepted into it and say thank you .

I reside in Kent but due to work find myself travelling to many parts of the country and to date find myself working out of Hucknall in Nottinghamshire for the next eight weeks and am now looking to find either lake, river, canal fishing close by. Any ideas where I can set up and fish for a couple of hours in the evenings with parking close by.

Thanks in advance

Paul

flightliner

Reaction score
Paul. You're near the M1, slip down to the lower Derwent above Sawley, I understand one of the Derby outfits control things that way and do Day tickets .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome Paul, when back home in Kent, where do you fish?

Paul Baker

Reaction score
Mostly Monk Lakes and the river Medway like to fly fish as well and travel up to the river Derwent when can do so.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My quest for this coming Autumn /Winter is to catch my first barbel. I’d be interested to know just how far upstream I’d have to travel to encounter a Medway barbel. If you have any experience of catching the species in the Medway I’d be more than grateful to learn more, a pm if you’d like to keep such things on the qt.

Paul Baker

Reaction score
Have caught a couple on the swale in North Yorkshire private venue £5 per day fishing via local farmers

chrissh

Reaction score
My quest for this coming Autumn /Winter is to catch my first barbel. I’d be interested to know just how far upstream I’d have to travel to encounter a Medway barbel. If you have any experience of catching the species in the Medway I’d be more than grateful to learn more, a pm if you’d like to keep such things on the qt.

Give Dobbs wire Hoddesdon on the river lea a go for barbel.
theres good parking , pub and a caff in needed