Getting back into it

JJW

Reaction score
Hi all.

Had a bit of a fishing hiatus for a few years, but planning on get back on the bank real soon!

David Gane

Reaction score
Depending on how long you've been away, I think you'll be gobsmacked at how much tackle has changed.

JJW

Reaction score
Depending on how long you've been away, I think you'll be gobsmacked at how much tackle has changed.

Funnily enough, that's one of the things I'm interested in finding out. It's probably the best part of a decade since I was seriously into it. I suspect lots of things are very similar but I'm sure one or two innovations have come along, both in tackle and bait.

Reaction score
Welcome! I've had a break, too, a couple of years without doing much fishing at all (blame work!), and before that a few years lure fishing. The last couple of weeks I've taken a float rod, a pint of maggots, and just a minimal amount of kit down to the river and I've loved it. Will be off again tomorrow doing a bit more,

Derek

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back to fishing and to FM. It would be an interesting post to hear from a returnee what items of tackle and bait have been the most vivid and surprising in the change over time.