Hi new member looking forward to the forum

ANDY76

Reaction score
I'm an angler of thirty years, for long time mainly fly fishing, but can take to all types of fishing. This year for first time I have really got the bug of river fishing for barbel and chub and had some great sessions on swale and tees.

Look forward to reading and sharing knowledge and experiences with all on here about the greatest hobby in the world

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I do nearly all of my Barbel fishing on small rivers and streams in the Herts and Beds area down south but I think Tigger does a lot of his barbel fishing in Yorkshire like you.

Keith

Last edited:

ANDY76

Reaction score
Thanks for welcome, take me a little while to work my way round how everything works on forum, but won't be shy in asking.
Yeah fishing smaller rivers really appeals, I'm going to try the Nidd next year which I think is the smallest of rivers I can get too. Most of my fishing this year has been on club water on Swale, and several day tickets. I have been very lucky with Size more than numbers of fish, had two over nine, and one just over 11lb, I will upload pics when figure how it works.
Thanks again all, hope to get out few more times in Oct for short sessions, tight lines all

daniel121

Reaction score
Welcome buddy, you can't beet moving water don't know why but there's something magic about it

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I like members who post tales and photos of catching barbel, it reminds me what they look like, there are precious few in my part of the country.