New site member.

Brianw999

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Brian Whitelegg. New to this site but not to fishing having been fishing for 60 years. After a break of 5 years following the theft of all my tackle I have mainly concentrated on carp down here in Kent. Haven’t fished a river for many years but intend to hit the Walton on Thames area around Walton Bridge. Being disabled with restricted walking distance means that there are much fewer locations to fish. Looking forward to participating in these forums.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome Brian, good to have another Kent angler on the forum, Walton apon Thames is a long way to travel for a bit of river fishing though!

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Brian! Hopefully you will find new suitable venues , make new friends and learn something new!

Brianw999

Reaction score
Welcome Brian, good to have another Kent angler on the forum, Walton apon Thames is a long way to travel for a bit of river fishing though!

I live in Tunbridge Wells so it’s a quick motorway run to Walton taking just less than an hour. If anyone knows of a River Medway location with a flat bank and close parking I’d love to hear of it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you have a Blue badge Brian? The reason I ask, there is a nice spot right in the middle of Maidstone near the law courts, I haven’t fished it, only walked the area but I’ve read it’s quite popular. There is an adjacent car park but being in the centre of town is quite expensive (apart from Sundays), hence asking about the badge.

Brianw999

Reaction score
Do you have a Blue badge Brian? The reason I ask, there is a nice spot right in the middle of Maidstone near the law courts, I haven’t fished it, only walked the area but I’ve read it’s quite popular. There is an adjacent car park but being in the centre of town is quite expensive (apart from Sundays), hence asking about the badge.

Yes, I have a blue badge. Are you talking about the car park accessed down the road between the law courts and the night clubs ? If I remember correctly there is a gate at the back that leads to the towpath. The bream fishing is supposed to be quite good in that area.