waldi from Switzerland

waldi

Reaction score
Hi All.

Been reading the forum as a guest for a long time and decided to take the plunge and post.

I generally fish big stillwater lakes mainly the Greifensee and Zurichsee when over here but coming originally from the South Hams have to admit my real loves are Bass and Mullet fishing when I ever get the chance to come "home"

Primary fishing for us (me and the dog :)) at the moment is light lure fishing for Perch,Pike and Chub (we get huge chub over here) but have recently discovered the joys of a more sedentary approach and am spending more of my time either light float or feeder fishing for the likes of chub, Roach and my favourite Silver bream (Blicca bjoerkna)

Regards,Jon.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I once nearly joined a yodelling class and was told to join an orderly orderly orderly queue!:rolleyes:

Please partipate in the threads, particularly the HDYGO thread with some pics of the stunning Swiss countryside !

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A warm welcome Waldi, look forward to your contributions.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I would echo Mikes post. Its good to see pics of fish and varied countryside. Do you light lure fish for those chub?

waldi

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I once nearly joined a yodelling class and was told to join an orderly orderly orderly queue!:rolleyes:

Please partipate in the threads, particularly the HDYGO thread with some pics of the stunning Swiss countryside !

That must have been the french speaking part. No queues here as as you don't do anything without an appointment and noone is ever late :wh

waldi

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I would echo Mikes post. Its good to see pics of fish and varied countryside. Do you light lure fish for those chub?

Hallo John.

I normally fish a 1-7grm sportex lure rod in the warmer months with either a J7 rapala or size 3 mepps spinner. Only Problem is you tend to get lots of pike (fun on light gear)

Best way by far to sort out the bigger chub is a big lump of crust or flake on a link leger with just enough weight to slowly sink the bait. Bites are normally on the drop and Pretty savage.

It pays to Keep moving around. If I have not had a bite within 10 minutes move on to the next spot.

Rgrds.