Newbie ... or not

Matt86

Reaction score
Hello all I'm Matt from Swindon , yes I had another account by I had a email address hacked and could not recover it nor I could remember password to get on here as have not been active for some time .

My fishing well tench fishing as normal , tried a few commercial Carp waters but they really ain't my cup of tea . Last day today at anglers paradise but I dont think il come back . Yes lovely accommodation, clean , quiet but it's still not my cup of tea .

I'm starting to get a bit fed up so need a change of fishing . Typically I started of commercials for a year or so as a pleasure angler , then progressed onto club waters and last year I have been on gravel pits for tench even a few carp and bream thrown in too and I must of done 15 weekends and day or 2 in the week . I will do a few overnight or 2 day pit sessions but at times on your own it's better to have some company on s longer session .

I'm thinking what I can do for a change .. I'm thinking chubb and barbell as never caught a barbell myself .

Anyway hello to anyone who may remember me :)

mikench

Reaction score
It's Associated Matt:wh Welcome back and keep up the posts as you averaged 47 per day last time:rolleyes: You used to make question time look like a bunch of reticent nervous types:)

Have you bought any new rods lately Matt?

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Matt, welcome back.

There should be someone on the forum that lives near Swindon who could help you catch your first Barbel and could accompany you to a good Barbel venue.

Anyway I look forward to reading your exploits when you do catch your first Barbel.

Most anglers never forget their very first Barbel because they really do pull back :)

Tight lines Matt

Keith

Last edited:

theartist

Reaction score
Welcome back Matt remember Barbell really pull their weight :D, get up the Severn or Wye for them mate, not too far from you

Matt86

Reaction score
cheers lads , yes associatedmatt i do believe ... ah well this one linked to my crren t email address .

mike , funny you should say that the last rod i bought was a drennan acolyte 13ft float rod . used it in anger over the week catching the tench on lift float .

I was thinking to have a look at the BAA ticket seems pretty good value for £40 , i cant remember exactly but is the wye usk foundation day ticket around £30 ?

I will start a new topic regarding barbell .

mikench

Reaction score
will start a new topic regarding barbell

You'll need a strong rod and line Matt. Good to have you back. Do you like the Acolyte? I think the rod before that was a powermesh twin top if I recall correctly.

Matt86

Reaction score
You'll need a strong rod and line Matt. Good to have you back. Do you like the Acolyte? I think the rod before that was a powermesh twin top if I recall correctly.

Your memory serves you corect mike , i actually have 3 powermesh rods :wh

matt

mikench

Reaction score
Get posting Matt and don't forget the questions as you can't know it all just yet.:rolleyes:

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt I can reactivate the old account for you so you don't lose old posts - it's easy for me to change the email address on the account. Just PM me the details and I can do it.