Hi from Brussels

sylvanillo

Reaction score
Hi fellow fishermen, I've been happy to (re)find this forum. I live in Oxford although I'm on duties in Brussels to the end of the summer.

I had registered 10 years ago... but I cannot remember the password.

Now been fishing for 30 years, mainly trout, sea and predators - perch, pike, zander, chub. Any kind of roving approach has always suited me - lures, bigbaits, wobbling deadbait, flies, roving float etc.

Two years ago, I ended nearly disabled, unable to use my hands correctly, walk nor only standing up for a few minutes. And fishing was over.

Thanks to a few wonderful people - my beloved wife and daughter, a neurologist, a physical therapist and my work mates - and then thanks to fishing, I have partially recovered. I can walk. I can run after my daughter (she's so fast!). I can cycle.
I can find a good fishing spot, make that rig, cast a feeder, monitor my tip etc.

Fishing is great.

I'm feeling so great on a river bank...
... and I hope to exchange a lot with you on this forum.

nottskev

Reaction score
Welcome to FM, Sylvanillo. You're in good company as you won't be the only angler on here who's glad to be back fishing after some adversity.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome and good health and good luck. Lots of nice people and very able Anglers on here.

We are not out of Europe yet either!:rolleyes:

Ps. I'd just clicked post when the banner headline was an advert for flights to Brussels with KLM. I don't like how the world is going!

Last edited:

sylvanillo

Reaction score
Welcome and good health and good luck. Lots of nice people and very able Anglers on here.

We are not out of Europe yet either!:rolleyes:

Ps. I'd just clicked post when the banner headline was an advert for flights to Brussels with KLM. I don't like how the world is going!

Ahahah! You're funny!
I don't know about the "European citizenship" but I'm sure I'll keep fishing with whoever is a good man and it doesn't matter where he/she will come from! Lots of British fishermen around here actually. And the Ardennes mountains will remain a nice trout fishing destination.

Thanks Mikench & Nottskev.

d.owens

Reaction score
Fishing, cycling and running after kids will make you fitter than an Olympic athlete! I like roving predator fishing, but can't catch any! Best of health to you and enjoy the angling!