Devon based newbie

Gaston664

Reaction score
Hi all.

My dad has always been an angler but I've only started doing it myself around 3 months ago. Since then I've gone at least once a week. I'm hooked!

I'm almost 30 now so I wish I went with my dad when I was a kid, but at least I'm enjoying it now.

Open to all forms of angling but mostly been trying for carp which has been great fun on the float.

Hoping to try for some perch on the canal soon with a little spinning rod and some lures I've got. Might also try the float on the canal at some point and see what happens, may get a bream or tench?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to FM,

Devon....are you near the sea?

daniel121

Reaction score
It never rains in Devon, so I'm told :D i got plenty of liquid sunshine while I've been fishing down your way.

I hope you enjoy you stay, I look forward to seeing you in the forum's.

john step

Reaction score
welcome to FM. That canal. Is it the Tiverton one.

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to FM. I look forward to your posts. If you need any help then ask away as there are some good anglers on this forum that would only be too pleased to help.

Did your dad not offer to take you with him when he went fishing?

Anyway tight lines
Keith

Gaston664

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to FM. I look forward to your posts. If you need any help then ask away as there are some good anglers on this forum that would only be too pleased to help.

Did your dad not offer to take you with him when he went fishing?

Anyway tight lines
Keith
Hey Keith, thanks for the welcome.

My dad did take me once or twice, but overall he said he didn't want to force it down my throat. He's always been an angler and just compared it to football fans who put their teams shirt on their kid when they are about 6 months old, he wanted me to make my own choice.

I kinda see where he was coming from, but had I have gone with him more often I'd have so much more knowledge now!

However it is all very exciting at the moment learning as I go along.

Dad isnt too far away, me and him went fishing a couple months ago I caught a crucian and he a perch. I speak to him a couple of times a week on the phone and pretty much all we talk about now is fishing!

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk