Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Returning fisher

Hi i,m back to fishing after many years. Love catching anything.
    Currently fish local lake full of Carl and bream. Nothing huge.
    I love fishing the method with an Avon quiver. I actually catch a lot of fish but also lose a lot. These seem to come of the book regularly even a few feet from the bank. Any advice on what s going wrong?!

Default Re: Returning fisher

There are a lot of factors but the main one in my opinion is the pattern of hook you use.

A ‘circle’ pattern hook such as guru QM1 (other brands do similar) will get you more fish in the net when feeder or lead fishing.

Secondly the rod may be a touch heavy in the tip and bumping fish consequently.

Try the hook first though, new hooks are cheaper than new rods!

Tight lines my friend, glad you’re enjoying it. I had a break of 25 years or so, but at heart I was always an angler. I enjoy fishing immensely now. You’ve made a great decision!

Welcome to FM. Its good to so many are returning to fishing.

welcome to FM.

As Golden Eagle said a soft rod is key to keeping hook pulls to a min. Sometimes a heavy rod is the very last thing you need, it amazing how technique and a bit of skill gets fish in the net quickly, you cant rag in powerful fish no matter what equipment you have, not saying you are

there is also another saying in fishing - you cant catch em all! You will always lose a few.
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

Thanks so will try both

Blog Entries

Hi and welcome from another person who returned to fishing after a long break.....seems a lot of us about!

Just to say, I got the guru books reco.mended. Work a treat. Lost bites s down 90%
    Thanks