South East London

sculptorini

Reaction score
Hi All

Only been fishing properly this summer. Learnt a lot, along with my 16 year old son caught a few big...ish carp and been seafishing in Greece and river fishing in new forest. Now I'm looking for places nearby , preferably rivers.

Regards

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not much in your area but there is a nice little stream with chub resident, needs Ralph (Fishplate42) to chip in as this was until recently his local patch. Unfortunately Ralph rarely visits FM nowadays, next time I speak to him I’ll give him a nudge.

chrissh

Reaction score
Look up there is rivers I have not fished them for years

River Darent was good for chub and roach
River Medway has a good for a mixed bag of fish

Then there is River cray and River Shuttle I do not know how they fish you can look up

theartist

Reaction score
I've fished the Darent and Cray and they are really really tiny, further afield the Medway around Maidstone may be a better bet

Where in the New forest did you fish a river?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Whereabouts are you in the Southeast? I belong to Edenbridge Angling Society which is an excellent club but you may live too far away for this to be practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
It says Eltham on his location Raymond....

All the best people come from there, but not the most observant, lol.

As this is also my home town I would say the Cray and the Darent have rather limited possibilities. About 35 mins not in the rush hour you can reach the Medway, Eden and Beult. Edenbridge angling club have stretches of all three plus a couple of lengths of the Rother. They additionally have access to Bough Beech reservoir and Weir Wood reservoir, as well as some very nice smaller lakes. There are several other clubs that have nearer waters. Orpington have some lakes just by Tesco on Edgington Way nr Sidcup, they also have some river waters as do DDAPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
^^^^ including Bob Hope!

Fond memories of Eltham, use to visit Well Hall road back in the late sixties quite regularly.