Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Hello - New to FM

Good evening all,

The names Joe and I'm 25 from South East London/kent.

New to FM and hoping to meet and interact with like minded anglers

I've been fishing for about 14 years now, never been into specimen hunting or match fishing so 14 straight years of pleasure angling with a float or feeder, and never actually caught anything of a reasonably impressive size.

About a month back I decided I really wanted to start catching some perch and pike with techniques I've not used before especially now that the weather is colder, so I've bought myself all the gear I'll need for said situation.

I've been on the rivers 4 times now and even tried a lake. Nothing. The lake (old lake at bury hill) was the first time seeing any activity as two perch follow my jig shad up to the surface and one did bite but didn't quite hit the hook!

I'm obviously feeling quite disheartened by the constant defeat and was hoping someone out there is keen to teach a beginner where to fish and how to fish.

Sorry for rambling, tight lines.

Joe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello - New to FM

Hello Joe and welcome to FishingMagic

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

Hi Joe and welcome to Fishing Magic

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Welcome to FM Joe, there are plenty on here who can offer advice and I think a few have fished bury hill. Don't be shy about asking questions, every day can be a learning curve,even for those who have been fishing all their lives.

If you had fish hit your lure then you're doing something right. You now have a lure pattern that you know works, stick at it.

Most people on here are more than happy to help with any specific problems, and some of us haven't caught any monsters either so i wouldn't worry about that side of things mate.

Welcome to FM. Keep at it. It will come right in the end. Let us know when you catch something on a lure.

Thanks guys

I'll keep you updated next time I hit the bank

Hi Joe,
    Welcome to the forum (from a relatively newcomer as well).
    You are registering for the opposite reason to me! As I did about 25 years of predator fishing (pike, perch, zander) using all sorts of active techniques. Now it seems I can't anymore due to a nasty spine, so now learning the very vast world of coarse fishing - only feeder for now. All this to say I'm very keen on reading you!

Blog Entries

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum.Hope you can glean some good info from some very capable anglers here on FM.

Hi mate,

Sorry to hear about the spine, that cant make fishing or anything in general very comfortable.

Coarse fishing is great, so many techniques to try and even more baits to give a go, I recommend using some sweets such as haribo for carp one day for fun, bites are slow but when they find them they love em!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast