Hello FishingMagic

Kronenburg

Reaction score
Hello folks new member here, joined for some advice and the friendly chat :)

It’s been 10+ years since I last cast a line but I’m eager to get back into the swing of things and give it another go.

I’ve a lot to purchase and a lot to learn by the looks of today’s market so I’m hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Mick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to FM, an easy screen name to remember!

Kronenburg

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome

I’m looking to start with a budget pole. The 11m Leeda concept GT has caught my eye. I understand you get what you pay for and it probably isn’t great but I’m hoping this can get me started?

I’m open to feedback on this model and any other pole suggestions within the £150 range

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I was going to say keep your hand on your wallet as a returnee as there will be many temptations.
However I see you are from Yorkshire so that won't be a problem!:wh
Let us know how you get on.
Tight lines.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Welcome to the forum, zi would say if you are going to pay around £150 for a pole, I would take a look at buying 2nd hand, you should be able to get one in the 350 - 400 price range for that, take someone with you who knows what's to look for in buying a pole, Or save your money and stick with what tackle you have for now, it will still be fine to use, apart from line, and check your hooks, if you need advice on there are plenty who will help you out, Mark

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome and merry Christmas . In the new year and decade you may turn away from the dark side and decide you prefer a rod on which I can give you a modicum of sound advice. :rolleyes:

I would never have a pole would I Mark?:)