Fresh start

AndyG

Reaction score
Hi everyone out there, just hit 60 thought I'd would start up fishing again after a 15year break.
My it all looks a bit serious, so got some bits together for a little bit of course fishing.
Going to try some spots I used to fish, and hoping to find some new ones too!
Based in Faversham but came fro Canterbury, now also have a place in Confolens France on the river Vienna pointers for any of these areas much appreciated.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Andy
Welcome to FM.

You’re local to me, what sort of fishing do you enjoy? There are plenty of day ticket waters, clubs and the river Stour to explore.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Andy and Welcome to FishingMagic.

While many of the current vogue methods might seem a little daunting just remember that the methods you used in the past will STILL catch fish.

A decent bait presented well under a suitable float will always catch, providing the fish are there in the first place.

Ask for advice on here if unsure and good luck . . . .

AndyG

Reaction score
Cheers yes river stour, was on my listed need to walk it again are the three arches still open waters? Guess the old mill is not as its now housing I believe.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers yes river stour, was on my listed need to walk it again are the three arches still open waters? Guess the old mill is not as its now housing I believe.

Not sure if I know three arches, Thanington maybe?

Yes the old mill is now a housing development but as a sweetener the builders made a riverside walk including some beautifully crafted platforms which I fish from occasionally.

Some good chub and carp in there but their numbers are diminishing as fish are being taken sadly. Another new development under way at Kingsmead, so more swims lost I suspect but it is still free between Thanington and Sturry. Downstream of there the CDAA control stretches at Fordwich, Grove Ferry and Plucks Gutter with some lovely lakes as well. PM me anytime if you’d like further information.

rich66

Reaction score
Hi Andy, welcome to FM.
Fishing’s changed as much as you want it to. The fish are still the same, some of the modern methods are good some I think are over complex. Most of all enjoy

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your fishing and at least you are not starting from scratch.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Welcome AndyG. I just wanted to echo what others were saying - it's a serious as you want it to be.

steve2

Reaction score
Never take fishing seriously just enjoy it. To many anglers have lost the reason why they first went fishing.

AndyG

Reaction score
Just to say thanks to everyone who has posted and welcomed me to the fold. I have been looking at the weather and water thinking of going spinning but water is so coloured any ideas?

Another Dave

Reaction score
Just to say thanks to everyone who has posted and welcomed me to the fold. I have been looking at the weather and water thinking of going spinning but water is so coloured any ideas?

What kind of water is it? My local river is full of new snags so that might be an issue for you.