back in the game!

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
hello everyone and i hope all are well in these weird times. I have just joined the forum so as I have some time I thought I would say hello! I fished up until I was about 22 and then packed my rods away whilst I got obsessed with record collecting. over the past 18 months I have been putting together new equipment and getting up to speed. In a slightly ironic twist I finally had all my tackle together as the season closed and obviously now we are isolated! I decided to join a club that has decent lakes, stretch of river and canal located about 5 minutes away from where I work so am really looking forward to getting out there for some quality course fishing, feeder and float. looking forward to picking up some tips from all you fine people!!

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to you Chris. It might be a while before you can put what you learn into practice but it will be worth the wait. We are all champing at the bit, trying to make each other laugh and musing on treats, new Tackle, what method we are going to try first and so on. Join the club:)

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Plattsie, welcome to the forum.

Whats the club that you decided to join?

Keith

fred hall

Reaction score
Welcome Plattsie - you have given me a chance to get something off my chest. Before anyone comments, yes I am a seriously sad old git and yes I am a retired teacher but......
It is COARSE fishing not COURSE fishing!

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
hello keith, I went for the piscators. I work up tollpits lane so having the lakes and river near there could be going for after work/on the way home fishing. also really interested in the evans pound stretch of the grand union. I liked the look of the stretch of the river colne on the side of the aquadrome lakes and where it crosses the canal . I know that is run by uxbridge rovers but I picked the piscators after speaking to a few people. you got any inside knowledge for me??

Keith M

Reaction score
hello keith, I went for the piscators. I work up tollpits lane so having the lakes and river near there could be going for after work/on the way home fishing. also really interested in the evans pound stretch of the grand union. I liked the look of the stretch of the river colne on the side of the aquadrome lakes and where it crosses the canal . I know that is run by uxbridge rovers but I picked the piscators after speaking to a few people. you got any inside knowledge for me??

Plattsie Im not a member of Piscators I’m currently a member of the following two clubs: Verulum AC which fishes around 20 waters in and around Herts, Beds & Essex, and Tykes Water AC which fishes a private estate lake near Elstree (not the reservoir).

But I do have friends who are in the Piscators.

Keith

Last edited: