Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Hi From Doncaster South Yorks UK

Hi. I'm xblackrat from Doncaster UK. Can anyone work out what an XBLACKRAT is ??
    I have been fishing with a rod and reel for 51 years. I have this year been introduced to "The Pole" and I find it is brilliant.
    I am lucky that I have a holiday home between Worcester and Evesham and have the facilities of private fishing in 5 lakes. The nearest I can fish from my decking is, would you believe 5 meters (yes 5 meters)
    We have made a small fishing club with only 25 of us. We have fun matches each Saturday and these have never been won with a weight less that 70Lb of Carp.
    If you have by now worked out what an xblackrat is then you will know about my past.
    I am here to learn particularly about Pole fishing.
    I look forward to making new forum friends.
    Tight lines. xblackrat

Hello xblackrat,

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

Welcome to the Marvels of FishingMagic.

Hi xblackrat

Assume that's a reference to a once great industry that was allowed to decline from about 1984 onwards.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum...quite a few from your region on here. Why I even have distant ancestors from Skellow and area!!

Poshers
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

"I am lucky that I have a holiday home between Worcester and Evesham and have the facilities of private fishing in 5 lakes. The nearest I can fish from my decking is, would you believe 5 meters (yes 5 meters)
    We have made a small fishing club with only 25 of us. We have fun matches each Saturday and these have never been won with a weight less that 70Lb of Carp."

You now have 45,000 new Best Friends...

Enjoy FM!

Coalminer? Welcome to FM from the South East

puttestuts Guest

Hi xblackrat

Welcome from another newbie. Yep I think you were/are one of that number who were shafted by Maggie Thatcher Oops don't know wether I,m allowed to say that

Blog Entries

Welcome to FM.

As to learning about Pole Fishing, you can do a lot worse than kicking-off by doing a search on some of the fine articles on here, alternatively and better still, see if you can get hold of a copy of the Pole fishing book by Graham Marsden (FM's managing editor) and Mark Wintle.

tight lines,

PGJ.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

Hi and welcome xblackrat,unless you are a former African police Informant
    I would agree with Ron ....Coalminer.
    Fancy a pint?

9. Default

Nope. Nothing to do with mining and yes I live 3 miles from Skellow. Thanks for the welcome.
    Last edited by xblackrat; 13-11-2009 at 19:39.

A Police Officer, well a retired Police Officer.

I would have thought that a Rat was the wrong animal ...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast