Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hello please read, regarding Mitchell Reels

I am a new member to the Forum,

I am an avid Mitchell collector and service mitchell reels so if anybody wants there reel servicing please pm me also if you want to ask questions about your reels please pm me

Regards

Mitchell man
    Last edited by mitchellman; 09-01-2010 at 10:14.

Welcome Mitchellman
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

Welcome aboard mate, still a few on here using Mitchell's. Good to know they'll have a service department available to them.

You can't beat using, i have been servicing them for 3 years now and have most parts in stock.

Hello Mitchellman and welcome to fm

Mitchellman - I'm having a muck out and have 2 410's, about 10 spools and a bag of spares: if you'd like to acquire them, PM me with an offer.

Cheers...Neil
    Neil
    Angling Trust member

Welcome to the site mate, they're a decent bunch here.

Can you tell me why the original Mitchell Match was later replaced by that monstrosity which weighed about 2 stone, and why it was that Mitchell reels just seemed to disappear from the shelves almost overnight?

Not having a dig, just wondering what happened.

Hello Ec,

With regards to why the Mitchell Match was replaced, was due to times moving on and the weight issue is beyond me you would have to ask the lads at mitchell sports. And Mitchell reels disappeared from the shelves quickly, in 1977 garcia had to sell the majority of there stock in 'mitchell' back to Ets Carpona & Pons and the primary focus was placed back on selling Mitchells but it was to late, on August 10 1978 garcia the main distributor for the Mitchell reel declared Bankruptcy. Restrucuting the distribution of the Mitchell reel was ineviatable.

So this is why mitchells quickly dissappeared

Regards

Mitchellman
    Last edited by mitchellman; 07-01-2010 at 19:02.

9. Default

WOw......the history of Mitchells would make great reading in an article.

Anyone up to it? i for one would be very interested.

Hello Paul,

There is a book out called " The Mitchell" what a fellow collectors has written and it is well worth a read.

The Whitefish Press: Wallace  Carney: The Mitchell Classic 300 Spinning Reel: 1939-1989

Regards

Mitchellman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast