Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

Cool newbie

hey all new to this , the name is shaun rigdog,carp angler pb 25lb common cought this valentines day , looking to re spool for new season so many mainlines out there need some sound advice currently using whitchwood in 15 lb but sure ther is better please advise ...

Hello Shaun,

Welcome to FM! Why are you looking to change your lines? I use Berkley Trilene "big game" in 12lbs and never had a problem with it, it's like tow rope! Another basic but good line is Daiwa sensor. Both proven lines and cheap too!

NK.

Welcome to the madhouse mate. No shortage of tip's on here. Enjoy your time.

Blog Entries

Welcome Shaun.

When choosing line look also at diameters. It's not all as crystal clear as it should be.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Welcome Shaunidog Diawa Sensor in 12-15lb, it's never let me down, pikin or carpin
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Hello mate and welcome. As has already been said you wont go far wrong with sensor. However if you prepared to pay a bit more Catana in 12lb takes some beating.
    Love thy neighbour,but beware of her husband.

Welcome to FM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the deacon View Post
    However if you prepared to pay a bit more Catana in 12lb takes some beating.
    As does Shimano Technium - excellent line, but not cheap.

I use it in both 12lb B/S and 15lb B/S

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Welcome aboard Shaun.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Welcome to the gang Shaun

Poshers
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast