And the yearly winner of the Photo Competition is....................

guest61

Reaction score
The time has come to announce the overall winner of the photo competition. John Bailey kindly agreed to be our celebrity judge and help us choose amongst the finalists. This is what John had to say:

"Number two for me is Severn Walk. This was pretty close to winning it for me. Where did it go wrong? Well, it's a great concept but I think all the early mornings that we anglers get to see, Paul could have chosen a more dramatic one. I like the sense of anticipation, I like the sense of a day about to begin and I like the fact that there is no river in sight. That adds, if you like, to the mystery.

First, for me, by quite a mile is Bugs. I like it because it's unusual, it's nicely framed, it's funny and again, there's no water, nothing clichéd about this one at all. In fact, I like it because it could easily not be anything to do with fishing whatsoever! Well done ****y!"

Well done indeed, ****y! Here is a reminder of your colourfull entry:

Bugs.jpg

Congratulation ****y you are a worthy winner of the first prize. You win the amazing £500 shopping spree with Game Fishing Supply (Grommit).

We are all very grateful to Ian and Game Fishing Supply for generously sponsoring the photo competition. This is a short message from Ian:

"I would like to thank everyone who entered the photo competition and well done to those who won the monthly competitions. The standard was very high and I was glad I did not have the difficult job of judging the entries.
I would like to congratulate the overall winner of the final competition and thank everyone for their contributions

Ian Woods
Managing Director
Game Fishing Supplies"

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Congratulations ****y. I think John had an easy job as your entry really was outstanding.

And proof indeed that there's more to producing a good photograph than simply using a good camera. Modern digital cameras do help to produce a good photograph, but they'll never make a photographer.

Well done mate.

preston96

Reaction score
****y.....did you find all those bugs in your dreads? lol