Reaction score
Photo competition

Apologies for delay with this.

Competition now up and running!

Admin

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
The competition has been up and running for a couple of days but only two entries.

Is anyone finding it difficult to enter, or is there some other reason why few want to win 50 quid's worth of tackle and be in with a chance of £500's worth?

Just curious as it's hard to source these prizes and when so few seem to want to have a go we do wonder why as we're anxious to sort out any problems - if there are any.

There are so many great photos in the Gallery I would have thought FM members would jump at the chance of a photo competition.

Have we got that wrong?

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
The 'Featured Photos' that Ed's referring to are those that scroll across the top of the forum main page. They're random and automatic and at some time or other will show each and every photo in the Gallery (not the 'All Albums').

Any of your own photos in the Gallery can be entered in the competition.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

The rules for the Photo Competition can be found here.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Paul, click this link and on the right of the dark green bar you'll see 'Upload Photos'.

Click on that and you'll find a drop-down box with all the various categories you can upload to - from the link above it will already be at 'August/September Photo Competition'.

Click 'Browse' and select the photo you want to upload from your computer.

Enter a title and description and any key words you want to include.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I've used Rodney's link and can see the competition entries so far but I'm damned if I can find any way of submitting an entry of my own.
Hi Paul,
When you use the link, the Upload image option is just bellow your details on the top right on the screen.

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
I'd like to enter, but it would be handy if we knew what to post a photo of.

A photo of a fish? Of someone fishing? Of a nice fishing spot? I was expecting someone to do a post stating something like "This months competition is for the best photo of...." and then something like an action shot of someone fishing, dawn fishing, a pic of a carp, a pic of a game fish etc etc etc.

So as soon as someone lets me know what they want piccies of I'll be happy to post :D

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Well - I just managed it okay, first time. I had to guess at file size, dimensions etc (I went for 500 pixels wide as an optimised low res jpg) so if there are restrictions on those elements I think they could be made clearer. Other than that I can't see any problem with uploading/entering.
Perhaps we could use a 'competitions' button on the front page navigation to promote it a little more? At the moment only forum visitors can discover we are running a comp and even they have to look for it. I think it needs to be a bit more 'in yer face'.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
The Theme for this Competition is 'Rivers'

OK, let's take it from here.

The theme for the August/September Photo Competition is 'RIVERS'.

River scenes, river fish, river fishing, anything to do with rivers and river fishing.

Photos should be no more than 990 pixels wide and 100k in size.

If you've made an entry that isn't river related please delete it and start again.

Thanks.

Shine

Reaction score
Does it have to be rivers Graham. Half the people on here including myself probably dont go river fishing.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
I can't change it again now. And don't forget, the other half will have their turn when (and if) the theme is stillwaters:eek:

Seriously though, you don't have to fish rivers to get a picture of a river, and it can't be much harder to get a picture of an angler fishing a river.