Winner of the February Photo Competition

guest61

Reaction score
Thank you for your patience. Due to the slight hic up with voting in Februarys Photo Competition we have decided that Admin chooses this one. With some help from a professional photographer we have now chosen a winner.

There were some fantastic entries, but it has been agreed that Markus Jonsson's image had a slight edge. Nice catch!

IMG_2862_1024.jpg

Perch with his friend Nisse

Markus Jonsson wins a £50 gift voucher to spend at Game Fishing Supplies. We also enter his winning photo into the yearly draw where he has the chance to win a £500 voucher to spend with Game Fishing Supplies.

Thank you to everyone who entered the competition, if you did not win, have another go in the March/April competition the theme is SPRING, available to enter now in the gallery.

Thank you to the competition sponsor: Game Fishing Supplies

Markus Jonsson

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

It makes me very happy to see that other people can apprechiate my photos.

The "bait" is a "Nils Master Jigger" and its without any doubt the most sold "Jigger" lure here in Sweden.

Here is a link; Finlandia Uistin Oy

If your thinking of trying color 52 is a real allround killer and at the picture its color 15 :)

I can se you think is looks a bit weird as it seems like the line is attached to the same eye as the treble.

Thanks again

Best Regards Markus

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
No, don't think it's weird. It's for ice jigging (don't you call that pilking or pirking too?) and therefore needs to have a different action.

I have a couple of Nils Master lures, the Bete Lotto

lotto_front.jpg

Brilliant, but I've not found any over here for quite some time.

Found the picture -

files.php

Last edited:

Markus Jonsson

Reaction score
No, don't think it's weird. It's for ice jigging (don't you call that pilking or pirking too?) and therefore needs to have a different action.

I have a couple of Nils Master lures, the Bete Lotto

http://www.nilsmaster.fi/images/products/bete/lotto_front.jpg

Brilliant, but I've not found any over here for quite some time.

Found the picture -

http://www.fishingmagic.com/files.php?file=inaspin2_0_240312062.jpg

I was meaning the fact that it looks like the line is attached to the same eye as the treble :)

Yes its true. In Sweden Pilking is with large "pilks" when fishing for Cod or genreal sea-fishing. Pirk is it when your fishing in lake for perch and so on.

This part of pirking who the Nilsmaster is a part of is called "balans" which word to word is "balance" in English.

The Lottospinner is also a real big seller, here it´s first of all used for Rainbow trout and other salomoids.

The Nils Master range also includes the wobbler "Invicible" and that pretty much says it all. Its one of the best bait you could find for trolling Zander.

Much advertisment for Nils Master now, but maybies someone who didn´t know enjoyed it.

It´s a very small company (not shure but think they are like 5 employeds) and remains in Finland and are still using there hands and all the secrets that´s in them in times like this when its just China China China.