Jasus

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Who's the queer looking one in the Cardy?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Maybe that's where they got the idea of naming the bite alarm the "Heron". Because all good anglers of the time had that little tuft of hair sticking up on the back of their heads.

Deanos

Reaction score
Your criticism of the fisherman?s ?attire? is I feel totally misplaced.
Most of my wardrobe is based exactly this stylish gentleman?s clothing.
You may well be happy to pay hundreds of pounds for the latest camo gear, I on the other hand have found that the bags placed outside my local Oxfam shop contain quality garments beyond belief (some of them are even from Marks & Spencer!), and if I arrive at around 6am, I have total choice.
I do class myself as a ?bit of a fashion dandy? actually, and I feel that if both you gentlemen dressed with cardigans and sensible shoes etc, your smart appearance would be noticed by your fellow anglers on the bank, who would praise you and follow suit I am sure!

W

I pay thousands mate, plus the tip, wear it once then bin it.

Deanos

Reaction score
Tally ho Wol,
I have caught a few big uns in my time I can tell you, (not that anyone on this site be leaves me, especially old Shylock Marzdon who still refuses to hand over some expensive kit to me DESPITE all the top angling tips and advice I have given out!).
The next article you do holding another whopper, I shall be checking out your fashion sense, and suggest a bit of brylcream might not go amiss, believe me Wol, the ladies went wild for this in the late 50ts.
Just a tip here, get onto the Gudgeon before that Andy Nelly bloke! There all after em now, Des, Matt, Andy Lickle?all of em!?.you will be acclaimed a hero if you can catch a speci Gudgeon I am telling you!

W

Dont it mate and now an honorary life member of The Gudgeon Society.