Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nice One Mark!

Good looking fish (Golden Orfe?) Mark.

Now, with a bit of photoshopping and blurring, that could be a superb Roach!!

Great fish Mark!

Thanks chaps, one of a number of large orfe I had on very enjoyable easter break.
    The wife and children also got into the action - there will me more photos to follow, when we've finished unpacking!
    PaSC

A great looking Orfe Mark, well done, how big was it?

Thanks Claudia. In all honesty I don't know the size as I did'nt weigh that fish.
    A mistake now I know! We had already had half a dozen large ones over the week of which we weighed all of them and the largest went 4lbs 10oz. Every one we had over estimated the weight, as they seem to weigh very 'light' for their size. I remember thinking when I caught it - "its another good four-pounder" and did'nt bother to weigh it. Its only now looking back through the photo's that I've realised that fish was quite a lot larger than all the others - my mistake! I enjoyed cayching them all none the less though. I'll post some others when I have time to reduce them ect, and you can see what you think?
    PaSC

Thanks Mark, looking forward to see the pics....I never had an Orfe yet...how do they fight?

Terribly.
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

I'll try and get the pic's up tomorrow.
    Although they are large, and very pretty - I'm afraid the fight can be a little disapionting if your use to catching carp or barble for example. The fight is simalar to that of a bream, or at beast a large chub. Very slow and dogged like a heavy dead weight that gives an occasional tug. Very satisfying though as large ones are easy to spot but can be very difficult to catch!
    PaSC

Posted some more pics, but looks as though you need look for them, as lots of others have appered at the same time.
    PaSC

Love the Golden Tench Mark!

Golden Tench

And again!

I've only ever had one and that came from Witley Park in the early 80's.