Sea fishing!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
No it wasn't the food or drink Graham. Need a full stomach so you have something to 'chuck'. Nothing worse than wretching and having nothing there to get rid of.

Nice fish Wendy, Henry Gilbey would have approved.

captain carrott

Reaction score
Yes, why not, especially if someone's got a good sea sickness prevention. Last time I went I spent most of it throwing up and swearing I'd never go again.

sea legs tablets, plus get a good breakfast inside you with sufficient time for it to settle, plus flask of sweet tea.

once you start groundbaiting just about the only way to come out of it alive is keep stuffing food in and drinking sweet tea till it stops.
the above method is recommended by the RYA.

beer and curry the night before is a recipe for the worst days hell you have ever had.

last time i went out of christchurch it was a bit rough so bad that even the skipper was joining in. every time we went under power every one but me an the skip started chundering, then as soon as he switched the engine off and we went on a drift they stopped and us 2 started, that was a fun day

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I can tell you all right now that Wendy didn't eat that Bass. She give it to the cat.

W

Wolfman Woody

"But now two days later i still feel like i'm swaying haha."

I told you that would happen Wendy. Touch wood , I have never been sea sick, but when I got home an sat down the room would still be swaying. Especially after a trip to Brid where the swells were up to thirty feet. Boats were playing "Now you see me, now you don't" with each other.

I'd be up for a sea fishing trip, light sea fishing that is as I no longer have my boat rods and reels. You'd be alright Graham, we could tie you belt to the gunwhale and so long as you remove your false teeth first. I'd even volunteer to hold your wallet, now you can't say fairer than that, can you?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Baz how did you know, have you been spying again ;)

Woody... and still swaying haha

Y

yoggy

Thats a corker Wendy. It beats my PB of 8lb.12oz.Well done mate.I manage to get out 3 or 4 times a year,and I love every minute of it.Wish I could find the time to do more!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
My first ever trip was a 12 hour night session, I was as sick as a dog! I sat/lead down for ten hours in the middle of the boat with the pointy bit behind me. The highlight of the trip was when my best buddy "Bogey" licked out a mackerel! Did I chuck up? Oh Yes!!! I swore I would never go again, but I did and the last time I was fine, but the ten anglers behind me were groundbaiting as fast as they could!

I'm up for an FM boat fish-in, tackle aint a prob Woody we can hire it. Some nice cod and pollock for the freezer, yummy.

Y

yoggy

I agree Steve.I reckon a boat sea fishing trip would be terrific fun. Most charter boats supply the rods and reels. The one I go on does anyway. Although Nick wont be coming as he`s only got to look at a boat and he feels queer!!!. ;-)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
The trip i was out on supplied all rods and reels yoggy and we fished over a wreck that was from world war 2, it was awesome!

I'm hoping to get out agin in July but for 3 days this time.

Y

yoggy

Good luck Wend,I`m out next in July also. We`re fishing a wreck just off the Norfolk coast. This time [Andy] the skipper has promised me a big conger!!

Which should be intersting!!!!